Loffler Takes Leadership Role in Client Support of Canon uniFLOW v5.1 Fleet Management Solution
Output Management Solution Offers Streamlined Implementation, Improved Third-Party Device Support and Greater Fleet Control
Bloomington, MN (PRWEB) March 31, 2012
Demonstrating its commitment to developing advanced document management solutions, Loffler Companies, a leader in digital imaging solutions and support, announces it taking a leadership role in deployment and support of Canon’s latest version of the uniFLOW output management software. uniFLOW v5.1 features a variety of new capabilities and functions that streamline fleet management and simplify workflow processes allowing end-users and network administrators to focus on their core job functions.
New features supported in v5.1 include the ability to:
- Allow users to submit print jobs from their Smartphone (such as iPhones , Blackberry or Android) and tablets (iPad etc)
- Allow users to release their print jobs securely using their Smartphone or tablets as a means of authentication
- Provide detailed device information such as meters, toner or error for efficient device
With the increasing demand for office solutions that streamline workflow to increase productivity and improve bottom-line results, uniFLOW v5.1 is designed to meet the needs of both large and small enterprises that require an advanced output management solution with significant flexibility. Through uniFLOW v5.1, fleet administrators will gain new tools to manage document costs incurred via printing, faxing, copying and scanning, as well as enhanced fleet management controls that streamline IT functions and easily extend to global deployments.
“uniFLOW v5.1 is a tremendous leap forward in the evolution of fleet management software solutions for businesses ranging from small offices to global enterprises,” said Sam Yoshida, vice president and general manager, Imaging Systems Group, Canon U.S.A. “For businesses seeking to improve productivity and cost management, uniFLOW v5.1 gives end-users greater control of workflows, allowing administrators to maximize output efficiency across their networks.”
uniFLOW offers a broad array of features developed to facilitate cost-effective management of multifunction product (MFP) and printer fleets, and to improve printing security and productivity including:
- Workflow Elements: uniFLOW introduces “decision-based” workflow objects, allowing several workflows to be executed, through a simple workflow editing tool, based on pre-defined conditions enabling seamless and flexible setup for IT administrators.
- imageRUNNER 2500 Support: Made possible through direct integration of uniFLOW capabilities into device firmware, popular uniFLOW functionality such as card authentication, secure printing and cost center selection is now available with the imageRUNNER 2500 series.
- 3rd Party Device Support: uniFLOW dramatically extends third party device support through the delivery of embedded secure print support for popular non-Canon models ensuring that customers can easily manage mixed device fleets.
- SQL Connector for Import/Export of Data: New task-based application allowing greater customization of back-end functions including importation of cost center and other essential data directly into accounting and management systems.
- Global Workflows: Advanced function for network administrators enabling the rapid administration of printers in large fleet deployments. Customized workflows developed by IT departments can be pushed to an organization’s entire fleet.
- Universal Driver Enhancements: The already powerful uniFLOW Universal Driver has been enhanced to support Booklet printing mode.
- Advanced Scanning Workflow: A dynamic scanning solution is introduced in uniFLOW , which offers OCR, barcode recognition, document conversion and which integrates natively with, among others, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SharePoint and several other DMS solutions.
- Enhanced Document Security: uniFLOW integrates with imageWARE Secure Audit Manager to ensure a new level of security of documents in an organization. imageWARE Secure Audit Manager and uniFLOW can be used in combination to both deter and prevent any unauthorized scanning or duplication of hardcopy or digital documents and to quickly identify unauthorized disclosure of confidential information.
Loffler is in a unique position to support clients in the effective implementation of this solution from its knowledgeable and dedicated team of IT and Document Workflow professionals, says Jim Loffler, president and CEO. Loffler Companies was also recognized as one of the Fastest Growing Privately Held Companies in America by Inc. 500 Magazine for the fourth year in a row this summer. In addition to the Konica Minolta line, Loffler Companies provides integrated office technology and services partnered with leading brands such as Canon, HP, Toshiba, Microsoft, NEC, and ShoreTel. Its offerings include multifunctional copiers, printers, managed print services, IP telephone systems, IT managed services, document management, dictation, call recorders, and on-site managed FM services.
About Loffler Companies
Founded in 1986 by Jim Loffler, Loffler Companies provides office technology and services to improve a client’s productivity and bottom line results. Today, Loffler has 300 employees supporting clients in Minnesota and Western Wisconsin that are local, national, and international in scope. Loffler is recognized by multiple partners as one of the top 15 office technology and services dealers in the country. For more information about Loffler Companies and how it can help your organization succeed, you may contact John Hastings, Vice President of Sales at 952-925-6860 or visit http://www.loffler.com.